> > Salut Benoît,
> >
> > the following string does not appear in the Translation Window .
> >
> >    sText &= ("- if done, press '" & btnOKTextChange & "'") & "<BR>"
> >
> > btnOKTextChange keeps the text of the btnOK->button
> >
> > Found on my old gambas2 2.20.1  Revision:  2771, and tested
> > with gambas3 rev 2620 where it still exits.
> >
> > The project (gambas2, but run also on gambas3) is attached
>
> I guess this is not translated because the text starts with a minus sign...

Oops. I should have read your code!

As soon as between the braces, you have not just a string, this is not the
translation syntax anymore, but just a normal expression between braces.

The ("...") syntax works only on static strings, not on strings computed at
runtime (which is very logical).

So this is not a bug, just a misunderstood feature. :-)

Benoît Minisini