I'm sorry for the hostility, I am frustrated as you perceived. I've been trying
to accomplish this for 3 days, in just this case, as well as the few days I
spent hacking my way around it in an earlier case. I've never thought to
replace the whole string by some single character then split by that. I
appreciate the pointer, and apologize for my anger.