I don't see the need myself, I do see how it allows the 'Something'  sub to
vary what sub it calls by varying the 'test' parameter passed in, but I
question the need and wonder, since 'test, could be varied, if that need could
be fulfilled another way by select or if within 'Something.
Of course I don't know the contet of your application, only what we have as an
example... not much to go on.