On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 15:11 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > In the meantime, I installed Gambas3 from your Natty PPA debs.
> > > Interestingly, Synaptic showed circular QT3/QT4 dependencies which could
> > > not be resolved, but apt-get install didn't list any dependency
> > > problems. Dpkg reported one error, which scrolled off the screen before
> > > I could read it.
> > >
> > > When I tried running Gambas3, I got the infamous " no project file in
> > > '/usr/bin/gambas3' " error message. I searched the mailing lists and
> > > don't see any real explanation for the message.
> > >
> > > I may try reinstalling later today with the installer messages dumped to
> > > a file. Might be a clue there.
> >
> > I got rid of the error. I also had Gambas2 installed and dpkg was
> > choking because both Gambas3 and Gambas2 had the same png in their
> > runtime modules. Removing Gambas2 got rid of the installation error. :-)
> >
> > So, now I no longer get the " no project file in '/usr/bin/gambas3' "
> > error message. :-)
> >
> > Now it just segfaults when I run Gambas3.  :-(   :-(   :-(
> >
> > I guess the warnings about trying to install Ubuntu debs on a Debian
> > system were accurate.
> >
> > Roger
> >

> Can you tell me which png file ?

Here is the error. I reinstalled Gambas2 with Gambas3 still installed.
It's the same error I got when I installed Gambas3 with Gambas2
installed.

"dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/gambas2-runtime_2.23.1-1
+b1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite
'/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/mimetypes/application-x-gambas.png',
which is also in package gambas3-runtime 2.99.1-1natty0
Selecting previously deselected package gambas2-gb-qt."

Roger