Comment #3 on issue 171 by r...@cyberjunky.nl: Cannot set
property 'columns' of databrowser or dataview object in IDE
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=171

I just checked again, and the proposed way it should work simply doesn
doesn't work.

Look at the gambas3 example "Database 0.0.1" goto form FTest and try to
alter the field property of DataControl1, or any other data object, you
can't change it!

This project doesn't have a Connection defined. But even if you have one
and select it as connection in DataSource it doesn't work, both situations
should be working.

So these object are completely unusable, and stopped me from porting my
project to gambas3.