Yeah, I see what you're trying to do. You can use \\ to make a single \
as the \ is normally the first part of a special character constant
(e.g. \t makes a Tab character).  I think you can just wrap file/dir
names with spaces in them in quotes for use in bash scripts.

Oh, and my Gambas doesn't crash with the code exactly as you had it.  As
Benoit experienced, it just doesn't compile, same for me (compile error
is"Bad character constant").

Kind regards,
Caveat