I come up against this occasionally, so this is an "only if it's easy" wish.

When working with class code and I want to insert a color value, it is very
easy to do so using the "Insert Color" button on the class editor toolbar.
Occasionally, again when working with the code, I want to insert a stock image.
 Now I realise that the auto-complete for Picture["icon:/... will provide a
fairly easy way to achieve that. However, it sort of needs me to know
beforehand the name of the icon that I want.

So, my wish is for a class editor toolbutton (like "Insert Color") to insert
the entire code (yes, I can usually manage not to remember that "icon:/ starter
bit) that would popup a form like the form designer stock image selector and
let me select the icon I want visually.

As an example, today the icon I was looking for was
Picture["icon:/22/sort-descent'].  I did find it after a couple of up and down
scrolls through the auto-completion listview. It did not occur to me that the
name began with sort- :-(   and it would have been much easier just to have
that form designer stock image form showing the matrix of icons.

Whatever you think.

 regards
Bruce

--