On do, 2014-08-14 at 09:25 +1000, Ian Haywood wrote:
> Richard Terry and I have run into a problem
> Our project uses one library (and may use more as we hive up the
> project into logical components)
> But, it will be in different locations on our systems (mine in
> /home/ian/easygp/base.gambas, his funnily enough is
> /home/richard/easygp/base.gambas, or similar), and obviously our third
> developer (who  isn't called "richard" or "ian") will have the same
> problem.

If you make an installation package from the library and install it on
both systems, it will install in /usr/bin.
Next open your application and change the location of the library to use
the library installed in /usr/bin

> each time one of us updates svn, the .project file is changed to ur
> setting, thus breaking the package for the other one.

Doing above will give same location for all in the .project file and
thus an svn update will not break the package.

> Is there a way to exclude changes to the project file from svn
> updates? (I know this can be done through configuring svn manually,
> which I will do, but is their an "official" gambas solution?)

A note from Gambas Wiki (http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/library):
----
How and where to install a library?

When you run a project from the IDE, the libraries it uses are located
by using their absolute path, as specified in the 'Libraries' tab of the
project property dialog.

But when you run the project executable, the libraries it uses then must
be located in the same directory.

If a library is not found, then it is searched in /bin and /usr/bin as
last resort.

So, contrary to a component, a library must be packaged exactly like a
normal program, so that it is installed in a place where all project can
find it.
---

A Gambas library installed using a installation package made from
library in Gambas IDE is according to me the official Gambas solution.

Why? The installation wizard will skip menu entries and such and will
always install the library package with .gambas extension in /usr/bin.

So the installed library will always be found.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/