On 11/27/2014 08:39 AM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 27/11/2014 14:29, Stephen a écrit :
>> I'm not consciously overriding the event observer so I'm not clear how
>> to not do it.
>> Obviously I still have much to learn.
>>

> mhForm1 = New Form1(TabStrip1) As "Form1"
>                                  \________/

Now *I'm* confused. The documentation for "New"
(http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/lang/new) gives its syntax as:
Object = NEW Class [ ( Constructor parameters... ) ] [ AS Name ]

And, there is a warning box that says, "If you forget to specify the
Name part, your object will never raise events!"

But after stripping "As Form1" off the end of that line, the form
obviously *does* raise events.

Is the documentation in need of correction? If so, what should that
warning actually say?

--
Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."