I was just checking that ...
--------------------------------
Ref: http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
The following versions of GNU tools are needed:
    automake 1.11.1
    autoconf 2.68
    libtool 2.4
Compiling with older version may or may not work!
$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.14.1

$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69

$ libtool --version
libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
I think i found it in the source files:
Reference: acinclude.m4, line 148

I think that I found something about this error as well (not that I
understand it):
reference:
----
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Distributing-libltdl.html
Macro: LTDL_CONVENIENCE
Macro: AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE
These macros are deprecated, the ‘convenience’ option to LTDL_INIT
should be used instead.
----

Regards,

Lewis