Le 01/02/2016 16:59, Tobias Boege a écrit :

> To get it running required me a bit of thinking. My library naturally
> did not have a vendor name, so it was created as
>
> Desktop.DataDir &/ "" &/ "lib.gambas" ^-- Vendor
>
> and could not be found by the IDE because it looks only for the
> vendor directories under Desktop.DataDir. After I entered a vendor,
> everything worked.

Ha, I forgot that case... Maybe I should use an "unknown" vendor in that
specific case?

> No objections to the general structure. It is nice that there is
> this standard path in ~/.local/share.
>
> There is one point, however: These automatically created symlinks are
> a bit scary. I can imagine moving my whole source tree into another
> directory and depending on where I put the real executable archive,
> the symlink may be broken. I would like to have a new button on the
> toolbar which saves the real library executable archive under

> instead of making this a symlink.

Mmm. The goal of these symlinks was the ability to install the same
library projects at different places and to be able to use them for
debugging anyway.

Moreover, the executable is named "<project>.gambas". Only the symlink
has the version number.

But I think you're right: by default, create the executable directly in
the local folder, and optionally be able to create where you want, with
a symlink in the local folder.

> Also I think I would at some point want to run my project from an
> executable. Will there be a way that I can explicitely tell the
> interpreter to look in ~/.local/share for libraries?

At the moment, you must be in debug mode to use that folder.

I'd like a way to be sure that an executable only uses globally
installed libraries or libraries installed in the folder explicitly
specified in the library tab. But maybe it's paranoid?

--
Benoît Minisini