You could compile by tar.

Download Gambas3 3.8.4 from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gambas/
and moves it to the home folder.

Open the terminal and run these commands:
First if you have installed from PPA Gambas Steam, so remove:
(entering the password when prompted)

sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
sudo apt-get --purge remove gambas3
sudo apt-get autoremove gambas3

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install build-essential g++ automake autoconf libtool
libbz2-dev libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev
postgresql-server-dev-9.5 libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev libglib2.0-dev
libgtk2.0-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev libpcre3-dev
libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsage-dev
libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-glib-dev
libpoppler-private-dev libasound2-dev libesd0-dev libdirectfb-dev
libxtst-dev libffi-dev libqt4-dev libqtwebkit-dev libqt4-opengl-dev
libglew1.6-dev libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
libgnome-keyring-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev linux-libc-dev
libgstreamer1.0-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libcairo2-dev
libgsl0-dev libncurses5-dev libgmime-2.6-dev llvm-3.8-dev llvm libalure-dev
libgmp-dev libgtk-3-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev
libsdl2-image-dev sane-utils libdumb1-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libqt5svg5-dev
libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev qtbase5-dev

Followed, by these commands, will save you two log files.

tar xvjf gambas3-3.8.4.tar.bz2

cd gambas3-3.8.4

( ./reconf-all && ./configure -C ) > ~/Desktop/R_conf3-8.log 2>&1

If only missing jit all is OK, continue (entering the password when
prompted) with:

( make && sudo make install ) > ~/Desktop/Make_Inst3-8.log 2>&1

Regards
Gianluigi