Of course, this may already have been solved, or even be the expected behaviour.... *I have already found a way round* (see below), so this is purely for the benefit of others.

I have recently migrated from Ubuntu 12.04 (which has Gambas 2 in its repositories - Gambas 2.23.1)
Ubuntu 16.04 (Gambas 3.8.4).

I am plodding through my G2 projects, converting them to G3. The converter does a good job, but for a small number the resulting code blows up.

This one is the simplest and oldest: it requires no input except from the keyboard, and none at all before the problem arises. It plays (in a simple-minded way) the game of Othello, human v computer.

I attach three versions of the project (subfolders in the single 95k attachment)
1. *Othello_G2*
This is the unconverted Gambas2 project, which runs perfectly under Gambas2.
2. *Othello_G3_converted*
This blows up. Firstly (when I press F5) it gives me an empty popup with a no-entry icon but no text, and Stack backtrace
    FMain.FMain.0
    FMain.?.?
    (native code)
    FInit.Form_Open.6
    then if I press F5 again it gives the Segmentation Fault.
The operation of the program is that FInit is a simple Splash Screen which then opens FMain (closing FInit) to display the board and play the game.
3. *Othello_G3_works*
The only change from G3_converted is in the FMain form. The Take Focus property has been set to False.
    It works.

Richard