I don't quite get your description of the problem. It seems self
contradictory. I mean this part:

*'So, "`A" (coded as  "\xC3\x80") will prevent the displaying of any
string. Nevertheless, if I just try to display "Some text plus  À and some
text more" it will work.'*
So, what exactly does not work then?
Are you using ascii functions for UTF-8 at some point? I think we need to
see your code to understand the issue.

Jussi