On 08/19/2017 05:42 AM, Benoît Minisini via Gambas-user wrote:
Le 19/08/2017 à 08:13, Christof Thalhofer a écrit :
Am 18.08.2017 um 17:09 schrieb Benoît Minisini via Gambas-user:

Does GitLab plan to offer a mailing-list feature? I will pray for
that.

Maybe its better not to rely to one vendor only. Why not switching over
to a vendor for mailinglists like

https://www.freelists.org/about.html

I send them a request for a new Gambas mailing-list.

or ...

make a subdomain list.gambaswiki.org and host a mailinglist by self?
Thats not rocket science.

Yes, but it takes time to deal with.

The latter is sth I could do, as I already host gambas-club.de at my
hosting provider. As I can see the traffic the Gambas lists creates is
not a big problem.

But I'm in holliday right now.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

OK, thanks. I will wait for your return.

If anyone has ideas about how and where to host at least two mailing-lists, you
are welcome!

Regards,

There may be reason to be concerned about the long-term reliability of freelists.org. They use three different free software packages, two of which haven't been updated in over three years and the third's website doesn't even load.

The Gambas community might be better served by setting up Mailman at something like list.gambaswiki.org as suggested; even though Mailman setup does not, at first glance, appear simple and would take an initial time investment.

--
Lee