Hi Paul,

Well, there is a lot of truth to the fact that the audio games
industry is slowing down. As I explained in my prior post most of the
audio games out today were developed between 1999 and 2004 which is a
remarkably short span of time. On the other hand the games developed
after 2004 have more depth and complexity to them such as Entombed,
Swamp, Time of Conflict, and so on. So while the development of audio
games have slowed down what we have gotten are more in depth products
than we saw in that first five years of the industry. The focus now
seems to be quality over quantity.

As far as developers like the BGT developers being the next big game
companies of the future that remains to be seen. Mostly what I've seen
in BGT is pretty simplistic stuff, some developers come out with one
or two games, and disappear never to be heard from again.  So I am
skeptical of how much an impact it may or may not have long term.

As for my own engine, Evolution 3D, its not designed for amateurs so
unless a game developer knows exactly what they are doing they won't
be able to use it. I've thought of rewriting it with a BGT type
scripting interface, but don't want to take the time or effort on
that.

Cheers!