Hi Michael,

Well, legal or not what you are asking is no simple task. Cracking a
game requires a bit more skills than any ordinary programmer has
because its not the type of thing taught to programmers, and is
learned by a lot of practice and experimentation. There are two ways
of obtaining what you want and neither are easy.

One, is to obtain a few product keys for the game, and then attempt to
create a key generator that creates a key similar to the legal keys.
Basically, the goal here is to figure out how the game's registration
system works, reverse engineer it, and create a key generator that
creates legal keys.

However, I'm assuming since you are asking how to unlock Space Colony
Cleaner you don't have any sample keys to use so creating a key
generator isn't going to be easy. That would involve disassembling the
code and then looking for the actual code used to register the game.
If someone is going to go that far they might as well create an actual
cracked copy.

Two, is create a crack. This would involve disassembling the game to
assembly, looking for the registration code, disabling it, and then
run it through an assembler. Not exactly easy, and while I probably
could do it I won't.

Bottom line, my feeling is this. While I realize that it sucks that
this game has been abandoned there isn't anything you or I can do
personally to change that. Either you can choose to rewrite the game
yourself in BGT, talk to the developer about releasing a key gen, or
learn how to work with very low level code like assembly which is no
simple task.

Cheers!