On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 07:48, John Luciani wrote:
> On 9/27/06, Vaughn Treude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I also hadn't yet figured out how to connect Vcc to +5V and Vss to
> > ground.  Googling I found a reference to using netname for this
> > purpose.  So I added the netname Vcc to one of the +5V symbols and Vss
> > to one of the ground symbols, and yet these aren't hooking up either.
> >
> > I wonder if there's something else I might be missing.
>
> You are probably using schematic symbols with embedded power pins that have
> names that differ from your netnames. Use a text editor and look for the net
> attributes in the symbols you are using. If you search the list you
> will see various discussions of embedded power pins.

I've opened the different IC symbols and displayed the details.  Some
use Vcc, others VDD, some VSS, others GND.  So I added Vcc and VDD to a
+5V symbol and the other two to the ground symbol.  Didn't help, sad to
say.

> It is best to "Just say no!" to embedded power pins ;-)

Sorry, I'm a newbie, I don't know how to do that.  If it involves
redesigning existing symbols, I don't have time to change them all.  If
there is another way to do it, I'm open to suggestions.

Vaughn