Hello all:
I finally figured out how to stretch and move lines by doing a
":Select(Connection)" command. (For some reason, it's almost impossible
for me to grab it with just a click.) This is probably what you guys
meant when you said a person could click and drag the ends of lines.

If you can grab the end of an unconnected line and drag it to change the
length or angle of the line segment (assuming the other end of the line
would stay put), I haven't found that feature in the manual.  That would
be extremely useful.

The Insert Point mode would also be really useful if I could figure out
how to use it correctly.  What I'd really like to be able to do is
insert a point without stretching or bending the line in any way.  I
mean, I just want one line segment broken into two so I can delete one
of the two, thereby shortening it.  Is this doable or will it take a
code modification to make that happen?

Thanks,
Vaughn