On 30/09/06, Ales Hvezda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

>Are there any tools available for converting schematics etc. from the
>geda format into other formats, such as PCAD, Orcad etc?

        Isn't this going in the wrong direction?  We want to encourage
users to come to gEDA, not move away. :->

        Unfortunately, I am unaware of any conversion tools from gEDA
to other tools.  However, the gEDA file format is well documented, so
if you know the file formats for the other tools, it shouldn't be too
hard to develop the necessary converter.

If someone were going to write a conversion utility wouldn't it make sense to do it as a export option to gschem? It seems like that frees you from having to write YAGP (Yet Another Gschem Parser).

I'm also wondering if this could be a good project if someone wanted to extend the guile interface to the point where users could write their own exporters in guile, but thats probably a much larger scale project.

-Dan