I tell my son the only dumb question is the one never asked.  So with
that...

 I'm doing an LTSpice simulation and following Stuart's howto.  In the
Running LTSpice with gEDA designs step 5 is:

Create a link from your netlist "output.net" and a netlist in the directory
in which SwCADIII lives. Make the netlist suffix .cir. For example: ln -s
${DESIGN_HOME}/output.net ${WINE_HOME}/.wine/fake_windows/Program
Files/LTC/SwCADIII/MyDesign.cir

My questions are these:

1.  Earlier in the howto I was directed to netlist my design and name it
design.cir.  This is the netlist in my design directory and it ends in .cir
not .net.  Should Stuart's howto read ${DESIGN_HOME}/output.cir and not
output.net?

2.  Did I miss something and I was supposed to copy the netlist to the
directory in which SwCADIII lives or does the link create a phantom netlist?

Thanks,
Rob