Hi,

I am trying to run applications.apk on gem5-android on arm.

I used gem5 from this directory:

https://github.com/gem5/gem5

I used the following command to boot android:

./build/ARM/gem5.opt  configs/example/fs.py --os-type=android-ics
--kernel=./system/binaries/vmlinux.smp.mouse.arm
--disk-image=./system/disks/ARMv7a-ICS-Android-rgwb.SMP.nolock.img
--machine-type=RealView_PBX --frame-capture --mem-size=256MB --l2cache --caches

I tried different android images from here:

https://mobilebench.engineering.asu.edu/gem5-images/

Whenever I run an application using e.g

am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n Calculator.apk

I get

Error type 2
android.util.AndroidException: Can't connect to activity manager; is the system
running?

When I searched the previous posts on this error, I found that it is due to
unloaded background android services and that we have to wait for them to be
loaded. I was wondering if there is a work around this issue or any updated
batch to get around this problem or whether I am missing a certain step.

Best Regards,

Rana