Issue 2 received extensive WG discussion.

At the core of it was the question of how the IETF should handle HTTP
authentication error codes. We consults with the HTTPbis WG and consensus was
that at this point we do not want to create a general purpose error registry
for HTTP authentication schemes. In fact, Bearer is the exception using special
error codes which could (and should) just use HTTP 4xx code.

While bearer is closely linked to OAuth, it is still a standalone scheme. There
was no consensus that other schemes (even the OAuth related MAC scheme) will
sign into such a registry.

In short, the OAuth error registry is not an appropriate venue for the bearer
error codes. It is unfortunate that Mr. Jones failed to represent the WG
consensus on this issue in his response to the IESG.

EH