Stefan Schweizer wrote:

> Many bugs in bugzilla have ebuilds contributed, the work is done,
> there is just no developer to add them to the tree and review them.
> Bugvoting would allow other developers to see where they can help. For
> example I am using kde but dont read all kde bugs, so if I would know
> there is a kde bug with many votes I would maybe look at it.

I have mixed feelings about this.

Voting would be useful to judge which package gathers sufficient
popularity to be added to Portage for example. Currently only packages a
developer cares for are added, voting would help to get user opinion.

On the other hand, on base system bugs for example voting would be more
a pressure tool that might not help much...

We could enable voting on a "New Ebuilds" section and see how it goes ?

--
Koon