On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:39:10 -0500
Brian Harring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The 2.1 code that was pushed out for inspection addresses the cache
> issue mostly, and modularization as much as possible.  Everything
> else
> falls to the rewrite which is underway- I'd suggest contacting
> portage
> devs, since what you're after is pretty much what's been designed
> allow for, without requiring hacks to portage- just would be
> plugins.

Writing a plugin for portage would be perfect, but I can't wait for
2.1 to be released due to deadlines. Looks like the best shot at this
point is a new package using as much as possible the actual python
libs created for portage.

When I start the project itself (September 1st) I'm gonna start to
write and organize all the ideas, but you all have been a great help
so far.

Ricardo Loureiro
--
http://pgp.dei.uc.pt:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B7C0EC0