On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:16:14 +1100
Mark Saunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> fonts in KDE are messed up, they don't seem to be
> anti-aliased, but anti-alias is checked
> in the control centre.
>
> My colleague who also runs gentoo 1.4 on his
> work system experienced the same.
>
> Has anyone else experienced similar problems?
>
> --
> Mark Saunders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cytek Pty Ltd

I lost my AA'd fonts in KDE 3.1 as well. Why they removed xfree 4.2.99.3
from portage before knowing for sure this one works I don't know. The
same thing was done with the ntpd ebuild. Just removed the one that
worked, and forced the newer bug one on us. Now the only option is to
fix this ourselves, wait for a fix, or roll all the way back to 4.2.1. I
don't see the logic in this?