Hi,

I was loading [a rather large] web page last night with konqueror, and noticed that my
cpu usage was pretty intense.  running top(1) i found that kdeinit was the culprit;
kdeinit was using 99% of my P4's power to load this webpage, and it took about two
minutes to finish.  The page, rather cool actually, was:

http://www.ajvar.org/~calin/penguin.html

Now, i don't understand how i can prevent something like this from crippling my
processor when konqueror has some work to do.  i suspect that if i run konqueror at
priority +18 or something, then it will have less-than-desirable responiveness the
whole rest of the time.

any suggestions, comments, or ideas are greatly appreciated, thank you.

lion-O
--
''Wisdom is the companion of patience''

       ,-~~-.___.
      / |  '     \

Brett Ryan Campbell
Systems Administrator, CAD Research Center
Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
http://www.cadrc.calpoly.edu/frameset_content/content_about_us.html