On 13:01 Sun 16 Feb     , Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> * Brice B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [15-02-2003 16:57]:
> Do you, or any other know how I can resume a crashed emerge? I know that
> the files reside in /var/tmp/portage/*, and at the moment, I'm tryig
> "make" in kdelibs directory. I'm planning on searching something to
> merge it as soon as it finishes (maybe do a tbz2 of that directory and
> tell emerge to use it?). Is there any other hack to do it?

If you cd to the kdelibs dir you can use the 'ebuild' command e.g.
'ebuild *.ebuild compile' to compile the extracted sources in
/var/tmp/portage/* and then do 'ebuild *.ebuild merge' to complete
merging the ebuild.

Also today on the gentoo-dev mailing list is the announcement that the
next version of portage(2.0.47) will have the option --resume