On Sunday 16 February 2003 13:34, Petr's mailing list wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I have gentoo system with Xfree, icewm, mozilla, sylpheed and so on. I
> would like to experiment with naked system with working kernel. I copied it
> on another partition. Because of my modem I have an idea to wipe out all
> applications to have just naked system with working kernel. I do not need
> to recompile all from scratch again if I have it up and running. Is there
> possibility to wipe out all applications to have just naked system and
> working kernel?

You could try to remove/rename /var/cache/edb/world, and then do an "emerge -p
depclean". Then remove all packages that it indicates and that you know that
are not essential. (For example a system logger still is very sensible to
keep, although it is not part of system) For the other (system) packages do a
case by case evaluation (qpkg -I -v) for which are needed and not.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Researcher