On Monday 17 February 2003 15:44, Markus Breitenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem a while ago. I had to adjust the
> /usr/src/linux symlink before reinstalling nvidia-kernel and then
> everything worked fine.

This is probably the problem. /usr/src/linux is a sym-link to the old
gentoo-sources kernel. I WAS in the /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-xfs_r6
directory when I built the new kernel and I am definately booted to
2.4.20-xfs_r6. I guess that nvidia-kernel is trying to build against
the old kernel. I'm suffering from a brain overload here. How do I fix
it? Thanks all for your help. I may be in a bit over my head but I AM
learning a lot.

--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free