On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 10:27, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> Hi there
>
> We're installing a Gentoo system from a livecd image. We have
> a stage 3 tarball on a seperate CD. After booting from the livecd,
> we'd like to unmount and remove the CD, to insert the CD with the
> tarball and untar that onto the hard drive. However, the livecd
> refuses to be unmounted: device busy. How does one get around
> this?

<BRAINFART>
I assume you don't have a second drive.
AFAIK, you cannot unmount your root partition (it's obviously always
busy), so until you don't chroot on a stage* system, you cannot unmount
your boot cd. But then you can't install your stage3 system, so you're
in a loop. I could suggest you to use a little service partition to
install a stage1 system, chroot into it, then unmount cdrom, mount your
stage3 cd and untar it in your 'real' root, then you can chroot into
that partition and proceed with installation.
You can then turn your service partition into swap space (simplier and
safer than repartitioning) (you could start installation without swap
space and dimensioning the service partition according to your final
swap space needs).
</BRAINFART>

--
Arturo di Gioia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>