On Tuesday 18 February 2003 02:47 pm, Joe Stone wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Today I tried linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r1.
> It compiled well. But then I booted and my system was slowwwww.
> Every CPU had about 30% system per "default" and that's too much for
> my old dual Celeron 333 :-)
>

> But do somebody know why? Was it my fault?
> I think I have compiled both relative equal. (
> Below I gave the a part of the output of top and a diff between two
> .configs Do somebody need more info?
>
> thanx
> Joe

Hey joe, you know i recently built the new gentoo-sources kernel, and had some
serious slowdown as well. To solve my problem i disabled IO-APIC support on
uniprocessors, under Processor type and features. With that enabled i
couldn't play any opengl enbled games.( not like there are alot, but that's a
another bug that needs fixing).

Hope this helps.

bryce