On Wednesday 26 February 2003 22:02, Ian Truelsen wrote:

> Would it be possible to implement a debug use flag that could be used
> to add debugging options to ebuilds so that one could get a backtrace
> without having to manually build from the sources?

        Already possible.  :)

        DEBUGBUILD=true emerge package

        I got this from /etc/make.globals, BTW, which contains the following:

# Debug build -- if defined, binaries won't be stripped
#DEBUGBUILD=true

        You could set it in make.conf, of course, but I just use it one package
at a time because I don't want to debug *everything*.  :)

--
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
//