On Thursday 27 February 2003 20:59, Jonathan Morton wrote:
> >I think I understand why the gentoo folks decided to use nano - I
> >mean it's obvious: anyone can use it bacause of the help line;
> >_no-one_ not familiar with it can use vi.

        I cast my vote for winex and notepad. Jeez folks, I've been reading
 the list for10 weeks and it seems to me that this is the 3rd time this
 war had come up. It is obvious that the "powers that be" want nano to
 be the default editor, and frankly, I tend to agree. I don't much care
 that every other *nix uses VI. Traditions change over time. What I do
 care about is the future Gentoo user being able to consentrate on his
 or her install rather than learning a fairly complicated editor with
 far more capability than he needs at that point.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free