On Monday 03 March 2003 23:29, gabor wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm using imap to get my mails .
>
> when i delete a mail, mutt or evolution simply marks the mail as
> deleted, and then  i press 'empty trash'/'cleanup'/whatever,
> and it deletes the mails.
>
> when i tried kmail, it moved the mails to a trash folder.
> it's very inconvenient, because it means contacting the server so it
> takes some time...
>
> is there a way to tell kmail to use the mutt/evolution style deleting?
>
> for example mozilla-mail can be configured to do the mutt or the kmail
> behaviour.

Afaik it is not possible. The imap handling in kmail is not at all perfect.
I'm trying to convince myself of starting a project to make an imap mail
client. Probably it would borrow many parts from kmail. But certainly not the
imap and filtering code. And it probably would not have a trash folder, or a
virtual trash folder. Btw. to speed up your deleting you can either use
shift-delete, which does the same as mutt, but it is not visible afterwards
in kmail. Or you can use a trash folder on the imap store which improves
speed a lot too.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze