Marshal Newrock wrote:

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, [iso-8859-1] Pär Wedin wrote:

Well, I don't really use the switch. I just used it to compare it with a
100Mbit network. The NIC's are directly connected with a shielded CAT6
cable, so that shouldn't be a problem. The server is a P3-733 with 384MB
ram and the files are served from a lvm partition striped over two IBM
GXP60 7200 rpm HD's. No one else but me are using the server. The client
is an XP1600+ with 512MB ram and a Western Digital 7200 rpm & 8MB cache.
The NIC's are from Intel (PRO/1000MT) so they ought to be good.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you'll only get gigabit speeds with a 64-bit, 66MHz interface. Standard PCI may be too slow. Consider the related fact that a 16-bit interface is unable to handle full 100Mbit speeds.

What happens if you use idebus=66 ?

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.