Hotkeys allows you to map extra keys to useful actions, and has a number of
presets for special keyboards. I know the iTouch is supported (I use it
myself), not sure about others.

you can use the 'xev' program to identify keycodes to make your own hotkeys
config file if there isn't one for your keyboard in the presets.

Good Luck,
Joel.