I am having a problem, maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.
Here is the situation. I am trying to get ide-scsi emulation going, i
have done this on numerous occasions.

Here is what i have kernel-wise:
1. v2.4.20-gaming-r1 kernel sources
2. <M>   SCSI emulation support
3. <*> SCSI support
4. <M>   SCSI CD-ROM support
5. <M>   SCSI generic support

lines added to modules.autoload:
1. ide-scsi
2. sg
3. sr_mod

grub.config
1. title=Gentoo Linux 2.4.20 Gaming
2. root (hd0,1)
3. kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-gaming root=/dev/hda9 vga=791 hdb=ide-scsi
4. hdc=ide-scsi

And after a reboot i try cdrecord -scanbus and this is the output:

cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
are root.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

Can anyone shed any light on this dilema? i have searched almost
everywhere and cannot figure this out.

tia
--
Aaron M. Matteson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them WHAT to
do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
-Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.