With the ever growing package size.. these paths can become cumbersome.
I remember gnome having a gnome-config executable which will work
something like
gcc `gnome-config gnome --cflags` my_gnome_hello_world.c
which will add all the cflags including the include paths that are
relevent to the gnome package.(see man gnome-config)
You should see if something similar to this exists for kde and qt.
Hope this doesnt confuse you :)
Spundun