On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 18:05, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
>     Hi there,
>
>     Ok, I finally have moved from RH8 to Gentoo (right now I like a lot
> what I'm seeing), and would like to wipe out Windows too, so a few
> questions:
>
>     * Can you give me some recomendations in CD recording software?

I think you can use whatever you used in RH8. Xcdroast, k3b, Gnome CD
Master and Gnome Toaster are all there, just emerge them.
If you never used CD burning sw under Linux, just some infos:

many (if not all) CD burning programs are interfaces to command line
tools (cdrecord, cdda2wav, cdparanoia, ...).

xcdroast -> I use it because it's the first one I learnt, it has very
little eyecandy but it works and it's simple (gtk)
k3b -> Very similar to Easy CD Creator, probably good for people used to
Windows programs (qt3)
Gnome Toaster -> Similar to k3b, but simpler and not-so-gorgeous-looking
(gtk)
Gnome CD Master -> Similar to CloneCD, it allows Audio CD creation and
CD copy, but not data CD creation (gtk)

I use only xcdroast, so take my infos on other programs with a grain of
salt.

--
Arturo di Gioia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>