On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:26:57AM +0000, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against
> War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Ag
> ainst War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against W
>
> I, and possibly many more Americans find your signature ofensive. I,
> personally am for disarming Sadam by any means necessary, but I don't
> sign my posts to user's lists:
>
> bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
>
> Please let's keep personal politics out of Gentoo
> --
> Regards, Ernie
> 100% Microsoft and Intel free

It would be one thing to send out a mail with a subject that's OT
(which happens here all the time), but I don't think having it in a
signature is wrong. If you find a signature that's disagreeable, you
can always send a *personal* reply to the author, and carry it on off
the list where it wouldn't matter (or you could add your own
sentiments to your own sig as you did), and where it wouldn't
degenerate into a flame war. Signatures are a form of personal
expression.

cheers,
an american for peace