On Wednesday 19 March 2003 8:11 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Do the errors at least tell you what packages are listed but not installed?

They do indeed:

Calculating world dependencies
*** Package in world file is not installed: media-plugins/xine-dvdnav

*** Package in world file is not installed: net-misc/gshield

*** Package in world file is not installed: sys-apps/xinetd

*** Package in world file is not installed: gnome-base/gnome

*** Package in world file is not installed: net-firewall/firestarter

*** Package in world file is not installed: media-video/xine-ui

*** Package in world file is not installed: net-firewall/ipchains-firewall

Interestingly, these are all packages that I've tried but unmerged at one time
or another. However, other packages that I've also tried but unmerged at
other times aren't listed like this.
--
Ian Tindale