how would i go about installing gentoo from within another linux(in this
case mandrake 9.0) on another partition without rebooting?

it takes about 10 hours to install on this thing and i don't want to be
offline that long if i can avoid it, also the last two times i installed
gentoo 1.2 they failed(at different computers and differenrt places in
the install), might have been duo to the overloading of the rsync
servers tho, anyway the point is it's pretty irritating to sit around
and be offline for 10 hours if it doesn't work anyway.

"Is there really any hope for the human race? We invent an extremely complex
global network, consisting of many many miles of optic fibres and satelites and
super fast routers with clever routing algorithms. We create machines that can
make circuit boards with 0.13 microns precision. And what do we do with all
these inventions? We send millions of spam mails about a pill for erectile
dysfunction."

"Be careful of labels. They have a habit of turning into prisons." -- Lance  R.

"Know thy self. If you need help, call the FBI!"