Put it in the rc.local file so it's executed every time?

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:04:17 -0500
 gabriel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i finally found out what was causing remote servers to kick me out of an ssh session after a long (a few minutes) period of inactivity. the "keepalive" interval time in my kernel was long, so it wasn't stimulating the server often enough to keep the connection open.

a soloution i found w/ google's help was the following:

echo 300 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time

works like a charm, but every time i reboot my box, the original value of 7200 returns and i have to run that little line again. is there a more efficient way to do this?

--
many go fishing all their lives
without knowing that it is not fish they are after.