I'm now using Gentoo 1.4 stable on my machine in the office, however I
have to build software for customers running old versions of Mandrake
which use glibc 2.2.4

Is there any easy way to do this?

Possible methods I'm thinking of are

1) Copying glibc 2.2.4 to somewhere outside my normal library search
path, then adding it to the start of the link path when building
software for release.

2) Creating a chroot environment using glibc 2.2.4 including the NSS
stuff.

The program I'm building is staticly linked, although glibc is always
dynamically linked, so the rest of my environment should not matter.
--
Mark Gordon
Currently looking for a new job commutable from Slough, Berks, U.K.