The question is regarding "screen" tool.
When I run screen in detached mode (e.g. "screen -dmS sync emerge sync"), I'm
able to see it via "screen -ls" and then reattach it by typing "screen -R -S
sync". That's fine, however once I'm in reattached screen session, how do I
detach it back, so I can logout, but session still continues?
I have looked into screenrc, and found:

detach      ^D d

which probably means "Ctrl+D" should detach it back, but it does not work well
for me.

Mikhail.

--
An OS/2 professional visits a seminar for Windows 95. During the practice
lesson Bill Gates asks him: "What do you like about Windows95?" He answers,