Recently and I'm not sure of exactly when because I don't reboot very often,
I've been getting an error when nfs tries to load on my server and none of
the exports are available. Here is the error:

 * Exporting NFS directories...
/sbin/runscript.sh: line 527: 15453 Killed                $exportfs -r  [ ok ]

I've narrowed down the problem to any export line that contains an IP mask.
Here is my /etc/exports

/home/public    ws3(rw,all_squash,async)
/home/rcole     ws3(rw,async)
/usr/portage/distfiles ws3(rw,async,no_root_squash)

For months now the /home/public and the /usr/portage/distfiles directories
looked like this:

/home/public    192.168.0.0/24(rw,all_squash,async)
/usr/portage/distfiles 192.168.0.0/24(rw,async,no_root_squash)

This worked with no problems for months until just recently. Has there been a
change that's effected this? The man page still shows I can do this:

"      IP networks
              You can also export directories to all hosts  on  an  IP  (sub-)
              network simultaneously. This is done by specifying an IP address
              and netmask pair as address/netmask where  the  netmask  can  be
              specified  in  dotted-decimal  format,  or  as a contiguous mask
              length (for example, either `/255.255.252.0' or  `/22'  appended
              to the network base address result in identical subnetworks with
              10 bits of host). Wildcard characters generally do not  work  on
              IP  addresses, though they may work by accident when reverse DNS
              lookups fail."

Any ideas?

Robert Cole