Stroller wrote:
On 20/6/03 1:37 am, "Sebastian Hungerecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:29:04 +0100
Jan Drugowitsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Would anyone know a better possibility to do this without
modifying scripts

Create a second runlevel and add all services to it, which are in the current runlevel except xdm. Then add an entry to grub, which boots in this new-created runlevel

Whups! I hadn't seen this when I made my posting a moment ago. Please ignore
me - I also need to learn how to tell grub how to boot to different
runlevels.

Append the runlevel name (number in other distros) to the kernel line at boot.

Like when you boot single user mode by appending 'single'.

So to solve Jan's problem, create a new directory in /etc/runlevels called 'graphical'

rc-update add xdm graphical

rc-update del xdm default

Then simply add an entry to grub that appends graphical to the end of the kernel line. Boot this new entry to get a graphical login, or the original to get command line only.

MAL