Hi,

On Saturday 21 June 2003 23:22, Steve Fox wrote:
> HI,
>
> Nope, the nvidia-driver package is not installed.
>
> CFLAGS:
>
> CFLAGS="-mcpu=athlon-mp -O3 -pipe"
> CFLAGS="-march=athlon-mp -O3 -pipe"

after a long history of suffering I decided not to compile X and progs that
are X related (like KDE) with anything higher than -O2, and never regret
that. It is not slower, but a lot more stable.

> This is my dev workstation, and I like to keep it 'bleeding edge.'  I've
> had no problems as long as I've done:
>
> emerge sync && emerge -uD world
> every morning.  (Coffee and gentoo ;)   )

I am doing an emerge sync && emerge -pU world every evening ;o) (U because I
do not want to go back to gcc 3.2)

I am sorry, but I don't know, why your KDE crashes, it looked like stale
DCOP-files or some network-config problem *shrugg* sorry

I had a similar problem wenn /etc/hostname contained an invalid character.

Glück Auf
Volker