On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 09:07:07PM -0400, Owen Gunden wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 01:36:40PM +0530, Devdas Bhagat wrote:
> > IMAP has its own hierarchy, which has nothing to do with the filesystem
> > hierarchy.
>
> I've been having some similar issues with IMAP (using courier-imap,
> squirrelmail both from portage).  Can anyone point me to some docs which
> describe the hierarchy used by IMAP (or specifically courier, if it's not
> standard)?

Perhaps I should give more details...

I'm using exim with maildirs.  I would like to use the following layout,
which is simple and works well with Mutt/exim/procmail:

~/Mail/INBOX/
~/Mail/folder1/
~/Mail/folder2/
~/Mail/folder3/

exim delivers mail directly into ~/Mail/INBOX.

Now I would like this to work with courier-imap and squirrelmail.  I've
been tweaking MAILDIR in /etc/courier-imap/imapd, and playing around with
the ``Default Folder Prefix'' option in the squirrelmail config, both with
no decent results.

Any help would be very appreciated :).

Owen